Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hostas in Early May

 I'm so glad that we put in this hosta bed several years ago.  For the most part, it just gets better.
 One fern didn't make a repeat performance, but I have a plan to divide a big hosta and won't need that fern anyway.
 The two ferns on the left above are several years old and just get bigger every year.  So far so good!
 A few ferns in this bed didn't come back, but the three big hostas take up so much space that I'm not planning to replace those either.
Before we left on vacation, I went to the greenhouse just to get the flowers for the front porch, since I could get those to my mom to flower sit while we were gone (thank you, Mom!).  However, stepping into the greenhouse that was FULL of geraniums was a mistake!  The whole place glowed with the pinks, reds, and orange colors of the flowers, and I couldn't resist.  I had intended to wait until we got back to plant anything, so no one would have to water.  So thank you, Christina, for watering our new trees and my impulse-buy geraniums!

No comments: