
Last year my mom gave me this basket with red geraniums and purple and yellow petunias. It was really cute, but the front porch didn't get enough sun for it and I moved it to the back. I wanted it back on the front porch this year, so I put shade and part shade flowers in. I didn't do a very good job of mixing them and it just turned out weird. The New Guinea impatien hasn't bloomed once, so I'm not sure it is getting enough sun. I put a pot of violas in it from spring and gave up. The violas finally lost their battle in the heat, so I went to the temporary greenhouse near us to find a replacement. There wasn't much left and most of what was left looked a little sickly at this point in the season. The greenhouse worker suggested the caladium. I've never looked at it too closely because there is usually a lot of pink in the leaves and pink isn't really my color. But, I saw the green and white variation and decided to try it. I love it! The tag says I can dig up the tubers in the fall and replant them in the spring, so it will even be reusable! The tag says this variety is called "Aaron."
No comments:
Post a Comment