Monday, June 10, 2013

Garden Odds and Ends

This picture of the hosta was taken a while ago.  The jar has a solar light in the lid so that it glows a little at night.  Or it did, before the hosta got larger and shades it too much to get sun to charge it.  A few years ago, I had a coupon for $1 hostas (limit 5) at a local greenhouse.  Of course I bought five hostas - that was too good to pass up!  This is one of those, that I couldn't figure out where to put.  It ended up in a pot and has done really well.  I divided it last year, so I guess that makes it a 50 cent hosta! 
 We have iris leaves every year, but the flowers rarely make an appearance.  I was surprised to see these when we got home from vacation.  Pretty!
 Also while we were gone, this Autumn Fern had a growth spurt.  It's bigger than it has been - I think it's enjoyed the rain we've had this spring.


No comments: