Sunday, August 14, 2011

Into Every Life, A Little Rain Must Fall

In the case of this summer, a LITTLE rain has fallen, but that's about it. It has been terribly dry, hence the lack of pictures. Everything has struggled this summer. In the past week or two, we have finally received some rain that has perked things back up. This spot, where Riley has helped me eliminate a large population of tiger lillies, is going to become a hosta and fern bed by next spring. I'm hoping to replace the brick with rock and divide/move some of my hostas this fall. Riley will probably miss laying there.
I found this little white chair for $3.50 at a flea market, and it will move around to be the center of the hosta garden on the side of the shed. I'm thinking a little pot of impatiens can sit on its seat. Despite the difficulty in keeping things alive this dry summer, hope springs eternal and maybe next year we'll have a decent amount of rain! :)

No comments: