
Remember
last year's failed impatiens? I was going to give up this year and not even try. But, David dug up all the roots that gave me fits last year and added dirt for me. So yesterday, when it took a break from raining, I got the new ones in the ground. It was SO easy since I didn't have to contend with all the roots. Thank you David!

I tried saving the caladium bulbs from last year, but they just rotted in the dirt after I planted them. I need to find out what went wrong. Yesterday we bought new caladium and I put it in the basket with more impatiens. I've tried many combinations in this planter, but it gets too much shade for most flowers.

The hosta garden looks extra green and happy with all the rain we've gotten. All the ferns have returned for a repeat performance, and I had enough impatiens to add some here for color. Note to 2011 Erin: ONE flat of impatiens is enough to do under the Amur Maple in front AND to add to the hostas. No need to go crazy.

I love this little happy section of the yard. Last year there were tomatoes here, but I'm throwing in the towel on those. We didn't end up with one single tomato to eat. So, it's becoming a perennial garden with two kinds of coreopsis and one kind (so far) of Blanket Flower. I wish the little fence wasn't necessary, but a puppy keeps planting his giant feet too near the flowers. I'd like to take the red brick out and put in rock instead so that it will match the rest of our yard better.
No comments:
Post a Comment